It’s the moment your guests will be waiting for – your first dance together as a married couple. While some couples choose a specific song that both means something to them AND works as a first dance, other couples want their first dance to be a new memory – marking the beginning of marriage with the perfect song that captures the moment and takes your guests there with you. Here are our top five first dance songs for 2015:
- You Are The Best Thing (Ray LaMontagne) – Our favorite kind of first dance song is one that has a little soul. The lyrics have just the right amount of sap, while the instrumentation is classic and undeniably grand. This tune will elevate the sophistication of your event and bring a smile to everybody’s face.
- I Won’t Give Up (Jason Mraz) – When this song was first released, it was criticized for being overly simplistic. Three years later, that simplicity is the reason we play this song at every show we do. The emotions you’ll feel at your wedding reception won’t be complicated – and neither should your first dance as a married couple.
- The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra) – You can’t argue with this one. Timeless, sophisticated, and the perfect beat to dance to – no need to worry about brushing up your dance skills with this one!
- A Thousand Years (Christina Perri) – This is the tear-jerker on the list. If you want a first dance song with impact, this is the one to go with. The melody is flowing and the chord structure is deeply emotional. Even better if you have a band with strings.
- Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran) – This song is still fresh, so there’s no guarantee it’ll be recognized as a classic in years to come. But there’s no denying that these lyrics are CUTE! It’s exactly the memory you want to create for your first dance, and if nothing else, it will always remind you of the music that was on the radio during your wedding year.
Ben Mallare Acoustic Entertainment offers acoustic party bands for weddings, galas, fundraisers and corporate events. Visit us at www.benmallareacoustic.com for more information.